What you get in the kit
- Bee kit folder – keep all your bee-saving materials together
- Wildflower seeds – give your neighbourhood bees vital food and habitat
- Bee ID guide – be an expert at identifying the bees visiting your garden
- Garden planner – plan out your bee friendly garden for 2019
- Christmas goodies – a Christmas card and festive wrapping paper
- Bee saver guide – including instructions on how to make your own bee hotel
It will make for a perfect Christmas gift for a loved one, or even for yourself.
Why we need to help bees
Bees pollinate flowers, plants and crops that support other species (including humans). Without bees, our economy and the future wellbeing of our children and grandchildren would be at risk.
That's why it's so worrying that 11 bee species have become extinct in the UK since 1900 and a further 35 are on the threatened species list.
Three reasons Britain's bees need your help today:
- The loss of habitat is the most pressing problem facing British bees: 97% of our vital grasslands have been lost in the past 60 years.
- Bees pollinate 75% of our main food crops worldwide, including some of our favourite produce like apples, strawberries and tomatoes.
- Scientists estimate that it would cost over £1.8 billion every single year to pollinate UK crops by hand.