We’re taking the government to court for failing to take climate change seriously. Last year it granted permission for a new runway at Heathrow airport – already the UK’s single biggest source of climate-wrecking emissions.
We can’t let this happen. Airport expansion will undermine all our efforts to keep global warming below 1.5°C.
We want to show that not only are people living close to Heathrow concerned, but that people across the country oppose airport expansion on climate change grounds. So will you send us your reasons for opposing Heathrow?
Here’s what you can do:
- Download and print our paper aeroplane template.
- Follow the instructions to fold it into a paper plane.
- Write your message on it. Make sure to include your name and town so we can show opposition to airport expansion comes from across the country.
- Take a photo of your paper plane and share it on social media with #NoThirdRunway.
- Put the completed plane in an envelope and send it back to us at: Climate Team, Friends of the Earth, The Printworks, 139 Clapham Road, London, SW9 0HP.
We’ll use your paper planes to show the broad support for our case on the first day of the trial.